Qualifications and Skills
- creativity and innovation
- an eye for colour and a feel for fabrics and materials
- the ability to generate ideas and concepts
- design and visualisation skills, by hand or computer (Photoshop-Illustrator)
- technical skills, including pattern cutting
- garment technology skills
- a proactive approach
- team working skills
- good organisation and time management
Responsibilities and Duties
Core responsibilities will include:
- creating an idea and producing a design by hand or computer
- keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes
- Analysis of materials, such as fabrics and accessories at fairs, and through representatives of interest.
- Finding Trends with Color Folders Attached, Consultation of Historical Archivs.
- Investigating cuts, details and innovative forms of market trends.
- Creating Trend Charts (Moods), according to target and client needs.
- planning and developing of fashion collection
- working closely with the brand director to develop products to meet a brief
- understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns and technical specifications for designs
- sourcing, selecting and buying fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments
- adapting existing designs for production
- Manage relationships from Italy and directly with far east suppliers in order to research
quality standards, negotiate delivery plans and pricing
- Face technical and organizational problems related to finished garment production
- Ensure the progress of production in compliance with quality standards
- Manage information flow between technical and design offices from the company to the suppliers
- Supervision of quality control agents directly in the production factories
- Sourcing of new suppliers (fabrics, trims, garment manufacturing)
- Research and development.
- Technical documentation management of proto, sampling and production (technical sheets, bills of materials)
- Product industrialization (product development meetings, close cooperation with design, pattern, product and production departments. Quality check of moke ups, prototypes, sampling, size-sets, finished production garments)
- Research and development
- Formulation of industrial technical standard for national and international suppliers
- Monitoring of the production life cycle (cutting, sewing, washing, ironing, shipping)
- Manage relationships with suppliers Italy / abroad (yarns, fabrics, accessories, washing)